Origins of the "Mango Seeker"

Origin of "Mango Seeker"
Inspired by the scene in Apocalypse Now (Vietnam) where one of the soldiers on LSD says he wants mangoes. They proceed into the jungle in search for some, only to encounter a Tiger. Despite the comedic origin of this name, it provides an interesting metaphorical mission statement for myself and this blog:
In search for the nectar in life.

Hopefully you find some for yourself here, enjoy.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Agenda

My name is Andrew Kaplan.  I am 19 and attending The New School in New York City.  I am on a lifelong pursuit of knowledge and intellectual growth, along with enjoying the pleasures that I find in life.  On this journey my greatest achievement would be the ability to influence, and this blog is my first attempt in doing so.  At the least I hope to introduce some distinct and strong views and encourage intellectual banter.

If you enjoy anything on my blog or think some you know would please send them my link!

No comments:

Post a Comment