Origins of the "Mango Seeker"

Origin of "Mango Seeker"
Inspired by the scene in Apocalypse Now (Vietnam) where one of the soldiers on LSD says he wants mangoes. They proceed into the jungle in search for some, only to encounter a Tiger. Despite the comedic origin of this name, it provides an interesting metaphorical mission statement for myself and this blog:
In search for the nectar in life.

Hopefully you find some for yourself here, enjoy.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Astrape

I emerge from the underground… she is here.
But at first I am not aware.
My attention is caught by the bombs bursting behind the dark vapor curtain.
Then I realize –
They are really flashbulbs exploding,
Attempting to capture her fleeting nature.
I witness her leg peak through the night sky veil.
Only for a moment,
But what a vivid sight.
The length and luminosity,
Hypnotizing my virgin eyes.
I begin to feel her blowing.
I begin to scurry –
I begin to hurry –
Fearful and embracing of her approach.
I race in her direction while trying to dodge her temptations.
Magnificent outbursts of anger and lust,
Both concealed and revealed,
The latter tugging at my soul.
With each unpredictable, long, elegant step forward,
The beast becomes more daunting,
Her breath heavier and heavier.
With a thundering cry,
I feel her first tear –
And then another –
She is here…

1 comment:

  1. I really like this, Kap. Especially the ending "she is here..."

    Also, while I was reading this, I was listening to this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoyyr1SFPCY

    I dont know how you feel about Colplay, but I like this song. And the only reason I connected the two is because the words " a rush of blood to the head" is like an impulse, and I feel that lust is just that.

    ReplyDelete